All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. They should therefore be inspected and tested at regular intervals to check whether they are in a satisfactory condition for continued use. Such safety checks are commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’.
A periodic inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify any defective electrical work.
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
Tests are also carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. A schedule of circuits is also provided, which is invaluable for a property.
How often is a periodic inspection required?
Your electrics should be inspected and tested every:
- 5 Years – Public Houses, Restaurants & Hotels
- 5 Years – Schools, Offices & Shops
- 3 Years – Agricultural and Horticultural
- 3 Years – Industrial
Other times when a periodic inspection should be carried out are:
- When a property is being prepared for letting.
- Before selling a property or buying a previously-occupied property.
Image 2000 offer periodic electrical testing throughout Hull and surrounding areas. For all your periodic inspection testing please contact us for a free quotation. We look forward to hearing from you.